Asylum Seekers and third-level education

AIT Engineering Building

Simon Harris (Minister for Further and Higher Education, as well as Research, Innovation and Science, or RIS) announced earlier this year that people in the Protection process for more than three years can apply for funding to do an educational course. The grant would be similar to Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) for people with an offer of a Post Leaving Certificate or Undergrad – approved course/approved college.

Here is a handy link to explain all the many groups of letters that are used in Ireland for education and grants!

And here is a story about Mr Harris’s announcement, from The Irish Times newspaper. 

Related Articles