New Horizon is a community group which has been working with international protection applicants in Athlone since 2000. Our main focus is on almost 350 residents in Direct Provision sites in Athlone and Horseleap, Moate.
New Horizon is a fully registered charity RCN: 20204649. Check us out on the Charity Regulator Website
We are a group of voluntary, unpaid workers without state funding. We promise total and absolute confidentiality in all our dealings with clients.
As activists, we welcome asylum seekers and refugees and wish to help and support them as they start to rebuild their lives.
This website exists to:
- Provide useful information about living in Athlone and Ireland.
- Provide information on how to maintain your physical and mental health
- Provide information to help you navigate the asylum process.
- Provide useful information to help you leave the asylum process.
If you just want to browse the information follow the links at the top of the screen.
- News shows what’s going on
- Projects we are running
- Information database
- Cookbook – the taste of home
Additional services, such as groups and forums, are available to registered users.
If you would like to go further just register here.
Then log in with the ID and password you created.
Activities at New Horizon
- Want to Join the Circus?Come have fun and learn new and different skills! Galway Community Circus, Gateway Youth Project, Foroige and New Horizon offer the Sunday Circus skills workshop.…
- SaorEd LaunchedSaorEd is launched! Our online learning platform is launched and ready to go! The launch presentation is on Youtube here. It’s about an hour long…
- SaorEd Online Education PlatformDoras, Dignity Partnership, and New Horizon invite you to attend the online launch of SaorEd, a new platform that provides free access to education and training…
- SaorEd – Access to free educationBook your place on: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/saored-online-learning-platform-launch-tickets-239893657387 Doras, Dignity Partnership, and New Horizon invite you to attend the online launch of SaorEd, a new platform that provides free access…
- Job Seekers SupportWe are currently looking for referrals for our new online EPIC Programme trainings running in October and November. EPIC is open to asylum seekers and…
- Forest Experience Back again!The Great Forest Experience project is back in action again. If your children are interested please register with reception.