New Horizon is a community group which has been working with international protection applicants in Athlone since 2000. Our main focus is on almost 350 residents in Direct Provision sites in Athlone and Horseleap, Moate.
New Horizon is a fully registered charity RCN: 20204649. Check us out on the Charity Regulator Website
We are a group of voluntary, unpaid workers without state funding. We promise total and absolute confidentiality in all our dealings with clients.
As activists, we welcome asylum seekers and refugees and wish to help and support them as they start to rebuild their lives.
This website exists to:
- Provide useful information about living in Athlone and Ireland.
- Provide information on how to maintain your physical and mental health
- Provide information to help you navigate the asylum process.
- Provide useful information to help you leave the asylum process.
If you just want to browse the information follow the links at the top of the screen.
- News shows what’s going on
- Projects we are running
- Information database
- Cookbook – the taste of home
Additional services, such as groups and forums, are available to registered users.
If you would like to go further just register here.
Then log in with the ID and password you created.
Activities at New Horizon
- Launch of Tales My Granny Told MeThe launch of ‘Tales my Granny Told Me’ in Athlone library on World Refugee Day 20th June was a remarkable and wonderful event. This is…
- Street Circus!Keep the date!
- Refugee WeekWorld Refugee week in Athlone runs from 18 to 23rd June 2022. New Horizon Refugee and Asylum Seeker Support and Friends would like to invite…
- Africa Day!Athlone African Community group are pleased to invite you to celebrate Africa day next Saturday 28th May in Burgess Park between 11am and 8 pm.
- Into the WoodsTwenty of our young Ukrainian guests have been enjoying the Forest Experience Project. There they can Run and Jump and Scream and Splash and have…
- Sunday Circus Extravaganza!Join us on Sunday 19th June for the great