New Horizon is a loose group of people who have been working together in Athlone, County Westmeath, since 2000. We are all volunteers and don’t get money for our work, nor work for the state. We promise total and absolute confidentiality in all our dealings with clients.
As activists, we welcome refugees and asylum seekers, and wish to help and support them as they rebuild their lives.
This website exists to:
- Tell you about Athlone and Ireland.
- Provide you with some tips on how to maintain your physical and mental health
- Give information to help you navigate the asylum process.
- Spread useful facts to help you leave the asylum process.
If you just want to browse the information, follow the links at the top of the screen.
- Activity Feed shows what’s going on
- Projects we are running
- Information database
- Cookbook – the taste of home
Additional services, such as groups and forums, are available to registered users.
If you would like to go further just register here.
Then log in with the ID and password you created.