An attempt to gather together in one place information useful to asylum seekers and refugees. It’s very much a work in progress, comments and updates are very welcome.
For a printable version of this information see Welcome To Athlone Resource Pack
Refugee Voices –
- Citizens Information Public Service This site provides information on public services and entitlements in Ireland. Most of the information is in English and Irish but certain pages are available in French, Polish and Romanian.
- Irish Refugee Council specialises in working with and for refugees in Ireland.
- The Refugee Legal Service (RLS) provide confidential and independent legal services to persons applying for asylum in Ireland.
- Spirasi offers services those who flee torture and severe trauma, through medical diagnoses and therapeutic rehabilitation programs, support and advocacy for those navigating Ireland’s legal system, and educational classes.
- Reception and Integration Agency. This is the government body that deals with the direct provision centres.
- Office of the Refugee Applications Commissioner investigates refugee status, subsidiary protection and family reunification applications.
- Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) deals with immigration registration.