Mathematics is a language the same as any other. However people do not normally use mathematics all day, every day.
As a result they are not as fluent in mathematics as in their home language. In order to study business, engineering or science subjects at third-level you need to be able to work with these mathematical techniques:
- Quadratic and Cubic Equations
- Simultaneous Equations
- Indices and Logarithms
- Functions and Graphing Functions
- Binomial Theorem
- Complex Numbers
- Arithmetic and Geometric Series
- Methods of Proof
- Differential Calculus : First Principles
- Differential Calculus : Differentiation by Rules
- Differential Calculus : Curve Sketching
- Differential Calculus : In-Context Problems
- Integral Calculus : Integration
For a quick check of your existing standard try the Math Self checks available from Florida State College, Jacksonville.