Housing is a very difficult area and NH does not have specialist skills in this area.
We usually recommend that people work with the specialist housing charities listed below.
The steps are:
- Does you have refugee status or leave to remain? GNIB stamp 4? Without this it’s almost impossible to secure subsidised housing
- Register on the Westmeath Co. Co housing list https://www.westmeathcoco.ie/en/media/Social%20Housing%20Support.pdf
- Register with the following housing charities
- Check out housing adverts in the local papers
- Check out, and keep checking every week, the estate agents.
- Check out smaller towns and villages outside Athlone. I’ve had success in Ballymahon and Ferbane recently.