Refugee online learning (ROLE) restarts on Thursday 20th September at 11:00 in Athlone Institute of Technology
Everyone welcome! We have a lot of planning to do.
- ROLE 1 people (who started in January) – Identify MOOCS for the new academic year
- ROLE 2 people (started May) – Check completion of baseline MOOCs and identify suitable short MOOCs
- ROLE 3 people have just started. Get things going on baseline studies
Hope to see everyone there! Coffee and cakes and conversations provided free of charge!
Do you want to learn to cook, write computer code, fix your bicycle, play the guitar, or any of 1001 other subjects?
Our Sample online courses is the place to start!
Had a very interesting meeting about Refugee Online Education (ROLE) in the Temple Accommodation centre
Refugee Online Education
(ROLE) Programme Restarts for 2018-2019!
Monday 3rd September at 09:30 Education Room
Lissywollen Accommodation Unit
There is still a lot of uncertainty about the right to work for asylum Seekers. If you are interested please attend this session.
Sarah McGeough, the DAF Employment Mediator of Westmeath Community Development will hold an information session on
Date: 30th August
Location: Community room, Asylum Seeker Unit, Lissywollen, Athlone
The very brief guide:
To qualify for the right to work you must meet all of these conditions:
- Be an international protection applicant; and
- Have not received a first instance recommendation on their protection application; and
- Has been waiting at least 8 months for their first instance recommendation; and
- Has been cooperating with the international protection process – delays in receiving a recommendation must not be due to any actions taken by the applicant.
This is the link to the information booklet for labour market access for international protection applicants – http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/form-LMA7.pdf/Files/form-LMA7.pdf
Wow, that was some summer, I hope you all have had a good time.
However, now it’s raining and showing signs of autumn so it’s time to get the Refugee Online Education program up and running again.
ROLE 2018-2019 Planning meeting
Monday 20th August – Education Room – Athlone Accommodation Unit – 11:00 to 12:30
- Introduction to ROLE
- Information for new students
- Information for existing students
- Schedule – Dates, times, locations
- Any other business
All welcome, please pass this on to anyone interested in further education.
Athlone Institute of Technology are offering FREE PLACES on Design, Technology & Innovation Summer School for transition and 5th year students.
The summer school will take place from 11th to the 15th of June and we have 60 free places available.
Check it out here.
Don’t forget the signup to the Refugee Online Learning (ROLE) programme
Wednesday 9th at 6 pm in the education room