New Horizon is a loose group of people who have been working together in Athlone since 2000. We are a group of volunteers and don’t get money for our work or work for the state. We promise total and absolute confidentiality in all our dealings with clients.
As activists, we welcome refugees and asylum seekers and wish to help and support them as they start to rebuild their lives.
This website exists to:
- Give you some useful information about Athlone and Ireland.
- Provide you with some information on how to maintain your physical and mental health
- Provide some information to help you navigate the asylum process.
- Provide useful information to help you leave the asylum process.
If you just want to browse the information follow the links at the top of the screen.
- Activity Feed shows what’s going on
- Projects we are running
- Information database
- Cookbook – the taste of home
Additional services, such as groups and forums, are available to registered users.
If you would like to go further just register here.
Then log in with the ID and password you created.
Activities at New Horizon
- Try a second postNothing much here, just testing!
- Website ProblemsSorry, we are having some website problems at the moment. Some information may be inaccessible. Working in it, be back soon …… Adding a link:…
- Seasons Greetings and Thank YouI’d like to wish seasons greetings and a happy new year to all New Horizon friends; volunteers, supporters, donors and residents. Thank you for all…
- Arabic Language Day EventWelcome Café were delighted to partner again this year with Arabesque Events for a celebration of World Arabic language Day on 18 December. الاحتفالية تسلط…
- Going – Going … Gone!Our Gofundme page “Bring some Christmas Magic to Direct Provision” has now closed. On behalf of New Horizon Refugee Support, and the residents of the…
- Hearing the footsteps of Irish Famine refugeesAn international commemoration of the journey of thousands of Irish people who emigrated during the Famine took place on Wednesday 2 December. It recalled the…